I'm often asked who my musical influences are, what kind of music I like and listen to. These days I'm inclined to answer with the Duke Ellington statement that there are only two kinds of music, good or bad. I've been surrounded by music my entire life and have had the good fortune of being exposed to a wide variety of artists from an early age; my dad listened to Caruso, my mom cranked "Abbey Road" and the Platters every Sunday doing housework, my sisters had 45's of James Brown, The Sweet and Ian Dury, my brother rocked Santana and Clapton. Thanks to them my ears have been wide open ever since. Music is the friend that's always been there for me. It comforts, consoles, excites, envigorates and enlightens. It gives me everything I need and asks nothing in return. This small mix of songs is merely a glimpse into the ever growing library of music that I love.
I've called the mix Well what do you thrash? – a nod to my skating days via Thrashin' the movie.
- Adrian Demain
- Attitude Song \\ Steve Vai
- Shadrach \\ The Beastie Boys
- The Caterpillar \\ The Cure
- Strange Meeting \\ Bill Frisell
- Sand \\ Jules Ah See
- I've Seen It All \\ Björk
- Skating \\ Vince Guaraldi Trio
- Nobody's Hero \\ Stiff Little Fingers
- Galloping Guitar '49 \\ Chet Atkins
- Airegin \\ Wes Montgomery
- You Look That Good To Me \\ Joe Clay
- Come Fly With Me \\ Frank Sinatra